Canalys recognizes your right to privacy and is committed to handling the information you provide responsibly. Canalys will take prudent and practical steps to safeguard your personal information and its use.
Our strategies, policies and guidelines support this commitment to protect your information. Managers and employees are responsible for fulfilling the following general principles for collecting, using, disclosing, storing, accessing, transferring or otherwise processing personal information.
Any inquiries or requests submitted to this site through forms here are considered confidential. Email addresses and other contact details collected through this site may be used to update our internal databases for the purposes of maintaining and improving the delivery of our services and marketing activities but are not sold on to any third party. Recipients of emails from Canalys may opt-out by reply or unsubscribe and every effort will be made to process the request before any further emails are sent.
We may ask you for, and collect, personal information, including when you subscribe to receive Canalys press releases and company information; when you join our subscription services or online communities; when you request our free reports and access to published information; or when you interact with Canalys at our forums, at trade shows or similar events. We use the information you provide to help us design and improve our website and our products, to customize your online experience, to provide you advice and our research, and for other purposes consistent with this policy. Specifically, we may use information collected about you via the above methods to:
- Compile anonymous statistical data and analysis for use internally or with third parties.
- Create and manage your account.
- Deliver targeted advertising, newsletters, and other information regarding promotions and the site you.
- Email you regarding your account, new content or relevant surveys/polls.
- Enable user-to-user communications.
- Fulfil and manage purchases, orders, payments, and other transactions related to the site.
- Generate a personal profile about you to make future visits to the site more personalized.
- Increase the efficiency and operation of the site.
- Monitor and analyze usage and trends to improve your experience with the site.
- Notify you of updates to the site.
- Offer new products, services, and/or recommendations to you.
- Perform other business activities as needed.
- Prevent fraudulent transactions, monitor against theft, and protect against criminal activity.
- Assist law enforcement and respond to subpoena.
- Process payments and refunds.
- Request feedback and contact you about your use of the site.
- Resolve disputes and troubleshoot problems.
- Respond to product and customer service requests.
- Send you a newsletter, press release or research report.
- Solicit support for the site.
Canalys may use information derived from the site usage records, including cookie-based information and tracking pixels, to help plan future improvements to its services and to promote usage, but again, does not sell such information to third parties.
This site sometimes contains links to other web sites. Canalys cannot be responsible for the privacy practices or content of these sites and therefore advises you to exercise caution when submitting personal information online.
Canalys retains your personal information for as long as is necessary to fulfil the purpose for which it was collected. If Canalys needs to comply with a legal obligation or protect your vital interests or the vital interests of another natural person, Canalys will retain your personal details for as long as it is reasonably necessary.
We may retain your personal information for longer if it may be the subject of a legal claim or may otherwise be relevant for future litigation. Furthermore, Canalys will retain data for as long as it is reasonably necessary for the purposes of satisfying any regulatory, tax, accounting or reporting requirements.
Where you tell us that you no longer wish to receive marketing messages about Canalys products and services, we will keep this information about you until you tell us otherwise. This is to ensure that we don’t send you any further marketing communications in error.
Information we collect automatically
Our web server logs collect the domain names and certain related data of visitors to our web sites automatically (such as their IP address or device identifier). This information is used to measure number of visits, average time spent on this website, pages viewed and website usage information. We use this information to meet legal or regulatory requirements; to measure the use of our sites; to improve the content of our sites; and to provide tailored experiences. We may collect this information using cookies, as explained below under the ‘Cookies’ section.
Cookies and web beacons
Transfer of personal information internationally
Canalys is a global organization, with legal entities, business processes, management structures, and technical systems that cross borders. Where permitted by law, we may share your personal information within Canalys (including to subsidiaries and affiliates) or our suppliers and business partners and may transfer it to other countries in the world where we do business. Regardless of where your information is transferred to and resides, our privacy and security practices are designed to provide protection for your personal information globally.
Please note that some countries have privacy laws that are not equivalent to privacy laws in your own country. Canalys will still handle information in the manner described here and we will the necessary measures to comply with data protection laws when transferring and processing your information. Where required, Canalys will also maintain agreements between or with Canalys partners or suppliers to govern the transferring, processing and protection of personal information.
If you have any specific concerns or questions please e-mail email@example.com.